Blog #1: Top News Sources

When looking for local and global information about current events I always go through my phone, and occasionally my computer. I find these news outlets to be my most used and visited.

Fox News

I started off watching Fox growing up and it was the one, my family, would generally leave on the tv or use the most. I took the habit of using Fox with me as I aged whenever I wanted to get further information on something this was always my go-to because of its familiarity. Fox is one of the basic and more well-known outlets and I think when it comes to local news this is the best way to go.

ABC News

ABC is another news outlet I started watching with my family but this one I watched by myself more often. Watching a lot of shows on the ABC network I would catch the showing every so often and maybe decide to watch it. Now the same still applies if I decide to watch live tv or go looking for information, I feel it is one of my most pursued. 

BBC News

I enjoy this news outlet because it gives me a variation and more intel on overseas events. I started using this when I reached high school and started watching a lot of shows that fall under the broadcasting company. I also have used this news outlet a few times when researching for a project. Whenever I look up a current event more often than not this will be one of the first sites to pop up. This source gives a view outside of the U.S. which I find important to have. 

The Guardian

The Guardian I have used it more for sports and modern culture. I see this news outlet as more of a tabloid or less serious though I have used it as a source for a project before and find it to be somewhat trustworthy when referenced across other sources. I recommend this source with the intent to pursue other opinions as would apply to others.

The Washington Post

To me, The Washington Post is one of the most accurate and trusted news outlets but it does require a subscription. I have had a subscription before though when I do not I've used it more to graze over headlines and descriptions instead of whole articles. The source provides a lot of information and opinions which I like. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #5: AntiWar

Blog #6: EOTO Reaction

Blog #7: Diffusion Theory